The original 'frogeye' Sprite had been introduced specifically to fill the gap in the market left by the end of production of the as its replacement, the had been a significantly larger and more expensive car with greater performance. Set up properly with the sleeve and shims. The block of my Sprite has been slightly lowered, but the same happens easily with Cooper S. Even paid my buddy's entry fee. Split-Bumper with Round Rear Wheel Arches from The Netherlands.
A fellow was divesting himself of his father's estate, and the Midget had been in the garage in the back for 20 years. Not quite a Midget but ne'ermind. This is the car mid way through restoration after six years. For the crease, I had to create a row of studs. After multiple trips to the auto parts store, to return the coil spring compressor I borrowed and to get a 'strut spring compressor', to the hardware store for sockets required that I didn't have, to Sidekick's house for Allen wrenches that I couldn't find, we successfully coupled the new struts with the old springs. I did this for 2 reasons, 1, why keep the levers if essentially they are useless, 2, one of the levers has side to side play, so it was no good anyway.
This was very confusing to me. Since that time it has only done 5000 miles. If you drive out you crash! The kicker came when I went to the local British car expert and argued that my car was a '73. Since then I have got a few prizes. Therefore Figure 5 is simply the 5th figure in the book.
Get in it and drive, and keep it easy to maintain. Will go back and re-check today. I have found that light pressure allows the vibration to do its thing. That will ruin the studs on your water pump housing. We still look forward to bringing it out in the late spring and driving it for the summer. Wire spoked wheels became available. She was also used as a storage shed for gardening tools by her previous owner.
First, grind down to bare metal. When somebody is helping you load your car on a trailer, and it's your money you just spent having it soda-blasted, make sure they tie the doors shut. This car is amazingly perfectly balanced with 1120 F and 1128 R with a total Empty weight of 2248. So am filling that and am probably 75% done. My Healey belongs to age grop F pre 31. A third car was constructed for John Milne of Scotland and all three cars survive.
In order to 'cut to the chase', as they say, I'm going to summarize the last 5 years: I brought the car back to Arkansas in 2005, whereupon I attempted to catalog the various loose parts. It kept the top just a bit open and it spat fire in rounds 1-2 so that I had to come to the pits. A total of 26,601 were made. The car is presently being trailered to car shows then driven during the Cruize-ins because, as you will see in the photos, the bottom chassis is very show condition also and I don't like to clean it. It took three years to rebuild, had been painted red but now restored back to its original highway yellow.
I cleaned the fan up nicely with some household cleaner. Some of the stud heads actually pulled out when I was using the slide hammer. It's like getting a new car every year! I restored it with my grandfather beginning six years ago. The track is situated on two sides of a large hill and it is spectacular to race due to mickey mouse charcter and almost no security areas. I drove up and talked to Phillip and Hal. All in all the car is coming out nice, its almost done and its not even close to the car they were driving 10 years ago.
The 1300 cc engine and 100 kgs lighter than Coopers should do. On the drive home, on the interstate, I noticed the carpet in the passenger footwell floating up and down. I plan on correcting this week, with a more competent hand at the welder. New speaker wires, removed the roll bar cause you couldnt get the seat back to get in the car. I completed all works in August 2005, after 3 years.
It's trimmed in the usual leather seats and standard trim. I moved to another town. The A-Series engine was replaced by the 1493 cc from the , coupled to a modified gearbox with synchromesh on all four gears. My pneumatic cut-off tool wouldn't fit in the space, but this worked nicely. He gave me Netcong Auto Restorations as a referral as he was doing some work for them.